Effective February 10th, 2020, the Warren County Sheriff’s Office will conduct the sale of all real estate subject to foreclosure on the “Official Public Sheriff’s Sale Website” which is operated by RealAuction based on a contract with the Ohio Department of Administrative Services. The process under which these sales will be completed is detailed at the Warren County RealAuction website (https://warren.sheriffsaleauction.ohio.gov). All prospective bidders should familiarize themselves with this new process.
A few key points:
- Any person wanting to bid on a property offered by the Warren County Sheriff’s Office must register with RealAuction. Registration includes completion of the Purchaser Information Form.
- Properties will be open for bid at least seven days prior to the date of sale. This is generally known as a proxy bid.
- Unless otherwise advertised, we will continue auctions every other Monday at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time (EST). Auctions will be conducted for each individual property; however, only one property will be sold at a time. After a property is sold, the next scheduled property sale will begin.
- To qualify as a participant, bidders must submit a deposit based on the total deposit requirement ($2,000/ $5,000/ $10,000 set by law) for any properties by the predefined deadlines. The only acceptable deposit types are bank wire transfer or ACH - no cash deposits will be accepted. All Wire Deposits must be received by 5 p.m. EST two (2) business days before the auction sale date. All ACH Deposits must be initiated by 4 p.m. EST five (5) business days before the auction sale date. It is the bidder’s responsibility to allow enough time for their bidding deposits to be received and processed within the timeframes described above.
- Plaintiff/Judgment Creditors - A Judgment Creditor is defined as the creditors (plaintiff or defendants) who are awarded judgment in the foreclosure case. Judgment Creditors are required to register for a Username and Password and fill in all appropriate fields. Per Ohio Revised Code 2329.211, in every action of Judicial Sale or Execution of residential property, if the Judgment Creditor is the purchaser, they shall not be required to make a deposit on the sale. However, Judgment Creditors are required to submit the bidding style choice (pre-sale manage bid or live bid) AND a copy of the court order stating they are the Judgment Creditor on the case they are bidding to Realauction Customer Service (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least one (1) business day prior to the sale date. Submission can be done via email or fax. Submission must include the bidder number and user account contact first and last name in the submission. For more information and training on requirements to participate in the online auctions as a Plaintiff/Judgment Creditor, please call (877) 361=7325 ext 245 or 246.
NOTE: Warren County Tax sales will continue to be sold on location until further notice at the County Courthouse located at 822 Memorial Drive, Lebanon, Ohio 45036.
RealAuction will continue to conduct webinar training classes via the internet on a regular schedule. These webinar classes generally last 90 minutes and specifically cover the use of the software. Attendance is by registration only.
For additional information or to register for a webinar, please contact RealAuction Customer Service at (954) 734-7401 or toll free at (877) 361-7325. Customer Service can also be reached via email at email@example.com.